Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Weight Loss Wednesday-The Start


Let me start this blog by saying I have been "chubby," "heavy," since I was 5 years old, I have never known what it is like to be thin, well there was this time in college when I got thin, but I didn't see it, I still saw that chubby face staring back at me in the mirror.  Now that I look at pictures of myself during that time, I looked great, I felt great, I remember how wonderful I felt then.  I just wish I would have noticed, would have appreciated how great I looked and how wonderful I felt at the time.
Fast forward to now and 2 pregnancies later, I am ready to get serious about losing this weight once and for all.  I am tired of being the fat mom, I was teased terribly because of my weight as a child, I am convinced it is why I became so shy and sheltered, never letting anybody in. 
I want to be outgoing, happy and healthy.  I have started and failed a dozen diets, you name them I have tried them, from Slim Fast to Jenny Craig and everything in between.  It's sort of embarrassing for me to write about this, but I guess it can't hurt, there are lots of people who are in my shoes right?  Anyway so what makes it different now, what am I going to do to change my physical being?
Well I have started back at the gym slowly but surely, taking ZUMBA classes which I love.  Let me state that I do no have any kind of rhythm, so these classes are a bit challenging for me, but I try and I just keep moving.  I also ordered myself some Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds videos, it's an in home walking system since I can't get out much. So all that with eating to the Weight Watchers Points System will help me shed this weight for good. I have lots of support from my husband who is also trying to lose some weight, my son and daughter both like to watch and talk to me while I am exercising, so every little bit helps.  I will use Wednesdays to write about my weight loss challenges and hope you will be inspired and maybe learn a thing or two along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment