Saturday, January 21, 2012

Beth's Turkey Chili- Soup's on Saturday

I love to cook it relaxes me, soothes me, calms me.  I like to create things that will make people happy, I am a people pleaser.  I can't wait until my daughter gets big enough to help me cook and bake in the kitchen. I make an AWSOME chili, so here is the recipe that I use. I make a big pot and I cook it in a big sauce pot or a pot you would make macaroni in.  I like to use turkey in this recipe but you can also use beef and it tastes just as delicious.

Beth's Turkey Chili

1 medium onion
1 clove of garlic
2 big can crushed tomatoes
2 cans kindney beans
1 package Ground Turkey
1 package Hot Turkey Sausage(you can use sweet if you don't want it too spicy)
1 package of chil seasoning, I use Old El Paso

1. Chop onion and garlic saute in 2 tbsp olive oil
2. Take the sausage out of the casings put in pot and break up with wooden spoon and cook until brown
3. Add ground turkey cook until brown
4.Drain and rinse kidney beans and add to pot
5. Add chili seasoning and mix until meat and beans are coated
6. Add 2 cans of crushed tomatoes
7. I usually cook on low with a top on the pot for 3-6 hrs, the longer you cook it the better it tastes.
Top with shredded cheddar and sour cream, and serve with crusty bread, YUMMMY.

No comments:

Post a Comment