Thursday, June 16, 2016

To the Parents of the Sweet Little Boy Attacked by the Alligator at Disney World

To the Parents of the Alligator Attack at the Grand Floridian,

We have never met but my heart is breaking for you.  I am the mom of 2 beautiful children, one who is special needs and underwent open heart surgery.  We are big Disney fans, even moved here to be near Disney from NY. My husband and I are parents just like you, this could have been us or any other family on vacation with their little ones. I can't imagine what you are feeling but as a mom I know you are probably blaming yourselves. You were on vacation in the most magical place on earth, you let your guard down as I have done and hundreds of thousands have done while you are on vacation.  I feel like so many people will judge you, hell I even judged you when I first heard about it.  My first thought was "where were his parents?"
The more I sat and thought about it and tried to put myself in your place, the more I realized that it could have been me, it could have been anyone.  I am so sorry that this horrible thing happened to your beautiful little boy, I am so sorry that your family is suffering.  I am so sorry that this happened in the most magical place on earth.  You need to be strong for each other and your other children.  Be strong and my thoughts and prayers are with you.  I am so sorry that this happened to your family.

From,

Another Parent

No comments:

Post a Comment