Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thoughtful Thursday- Random Acts of Kindness


"When we feel love and kindness toward others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace." Dalai Lama

It's Thoughtful Thursday and today I would like to focus on being kind. If we all could just focus for a moment on being kind to one another, maybe there wouldn't be such hate and unhappiness in the world. Is it really that hard to just smile at someone, to say something nice, to do something nice for someone.  Be a shoulder to cry on, give someone a card or a gift that lets them know they mean something to you, that you matter to them.  It can be as simple as holding a door for someone, saying thank you, telling someone to have a nice day, it doesn't take that much time, and it could totally make someone's day.
I want to teach my children to be kind, because I feel like it is something that is lacking in our society today, it's all about me, me, me and never about what you can do for someone else.  I want other's to be kind  to my children, I want people to smile at them, I want people to treat them with the respect they deserve.  I feel like as a society people are more rude, and more obnoxious than ever.  So here is my challenge to you.  What can you do today to make someone's day?  What random act of kindness can you do that will make someone else smile?  Do it go ahead, I know you can.  Be mindful of someone else today, say hello, smile, hold the door for someone, hold the elevator, say goodmorning or have a nice day and mean it.  Just think of living in a world where everyone puts someone else's feeling before there own.

No comments:

Post a Comment