Wednesday, February 22, 2012

RAISING AWARENESS




World Down Syndrome Day takes place March 21st every year. The date 3/21 represents the 3 copies of chromosome 21, which is unique to people with Down syndrome.

I thought I would use the next month leading up to March 21, 2012 to talk about Down Syndrome and give you all a look inside what this disorder is and the impact it has had on my life and the lives of so many others.
So read my blog and spread the word about Down Syndrome.

* Did you know that 1 in every 691 babies are born with Down Syndrome and 80% of these babies are born to mothers who are under the age of 35.

When I had my daughter I was under the assumption that only women who had babies past 40 had babies with Down Syndrome, I never knew it was even a possiblitly for me. But she certainly proved me wrong and has enlightened me and taught me so much so far.

Help me raise awareness about Down Syndrome and celebrate my daughter and people with Down Syndrome this March 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment