Friday, February 10, 2012

Life is a Special Occasion

"Life is a special occasion", don't you just love that.  I was watching TV yesterday and the Hallmark commercial was on and this is Hallmark's motto, and I think I will use it in my own life. Since our little girl entered our lives I think my attitude about life has changed.   I always felt like I wasn't living my life, I always felt like I was waiting and waiting and waiting to enjoy my life.  I always tell my husband that I never felt present, like I was always saying ......"when we do ____________, then we can enjoy our lives."  What if __________ never happens?  Then I will have wasted all of that time waiting for something to happen that was never going to happen in the firstplace.
I need to stop living my life in focus of the big picture, yes I would love more than anything to do certain things in my life but right now I have to put my attention toward my children.  I know that certain people look down on me because I gave up my career to raise my children, but for me it was the best decision I have ever made, all the moments I would have missed, all the things I wouldn't have seen or heard, I cherish each and every moment I have with them. So treat life like a special occasion, make the most of each moment, I know how hard it can be when you have people judging you for your decisions, when you are hard on yourself.  I am doing my best to treat each and every day of this crazy life as a special occasion, and really making a big deal of those real special occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment