Sunday, February 12, 2012

Why Do I Blog?

Someone asked me the other day why do I blog, don't I find it tedious, why would I want to let people know that my child has Down Syndrome, aren't I embarrassed?  When I had my daughter the first thing I did was go to the computer to try and learn as much as I could about Down Syndrome, I wanted to know everything. To my surprise I found out that 90% of Down Syndrome babies are aborted, 90% that was astounding to me.  Then I looked to find people who were raising kids with Down Syndrome and I saw how happy they were, how lovely their kids were.  I knew how much happieness and joy my daughter gave me and continues to give me each and everyday and I thought if people could see that maybe they would think twice about aborting such a special, wonderful child.  So when people ask me such questions, I usually don't answer them but this one I felt the need to answer, I am not nor will I ever be embarressed by my child, she is pure love and joy and I hope by reading my blog you can see that.
I also blog for other reasons, I love to write, it is my me time, when I can just sit down and write whatever I want for a few minutes of the day.  I use it as somewhat of an outlet, I enjoy helping people, giving advice, sharing information, talents, recipes, etc.  So I hope that you all enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment