Tuesday, February 14, 2012

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY



I hated Valentine's Day when I was a teenager.  I never had a boyfriend, and was often reminded by family members that I would never have a boyfriend unless I lost weight first, but that's a whole other blog post.  Anyway I remember being in High School and someone making me believe that a boy actually liked me, ME? REALLY? I remember her giving me chocolate and a flower from this said "boy," and telling me that he was going to ask me out, blah, blah, blah.  Anyway I was always very leary of people and was always waiting for the other shoe to drop because I had been hurt many times before.  Anyway, I started to actually believe it, she was very convincing I must say, she even got other people in on it.  On Valentine's Day of Freshman year I found out it was a big ol lie, I was crushed, crushed because someone who was supposed to be my friend lied to me and hurt because of course he didn't like me, boys didn't like girls like me.
When I was 21 I met my husband and he started doing the most wonderful things for me on Valentine's Day.  He always makes me feel so loved.  So I guess as a young girl I didn't know how nice Valentine's Day could be when you share it with someone you love. As a mom I also love sharing Valentine's Day with my kid, giving them valentines and extra hugs and kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment