Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I THINK I CAN, I KNOW I CAN


It is hard to believe where we have been and what we have accomplished in the past few months.  My little cookie will be 7 months old next week.  In her 7 short months of life she has overcome more hardships and obstacles than most people do in a lifetime and she has done it all with no complaints and a gummy grin on her little face.  This morning I realized during her weekly physical therapy sessions just how far she has truly come and I could have just burst in to happy tears.  She is doing all of the things I questioned that first night in the hospital after giving birth to her, would she do the things baby's did?  The answer is a triumphant YES.  She is doing things that other baby's do and then some, only she is doing them at her own pace, the pace she sees fit for the moment, maybe she will stay at this slow and steady pace, maybe she will speed things up, we may never know, for it is all up to her.  As for now I am at peace and so proud of my baby girl and the progress she is making, can't wait to see what she will do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment