Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Best Christmas Gift Of All

My little girl amazes me each and every day.  Today we had to go to the hospital for an x-ray to find out if the chylothorax has emerged its ugly head.  There were about 25 people waiting there when we arrived and I thought "Oh no we are going to be here all day." but we no sooner gave our name to the lady at the desk and our name was called. The people must have been upset because the tech who came to get us said "she's a baby and can't be exposed to germs."  Thank you God for kind people, and I am sorry we aggrivated a few people but I was so happy that we were in and out.
We waited all day and 5 minutes ago got the phone call that the x-ray looks great and she has no restrictions.  The cardiologist likes to tallk to the baby on the phone it's very funny, I held the phone to her ear and she let out a laugh and a big smile, she loves her doctor.  He then said the words I have been longing to hear since the moment she was born, "It is the holidays and your baby is happy and healthy, enjoy her, enjoy your family and have a wonderful holiday." I could have kissed him.  I am so happy I might just burst, I honestly do not remember ever feeling this happy, or at least I have not felt happieness to this magnitude for a very long time.  This is the best Christmas gift that anyone can ever give me, I have my 2 children, they are happy and healthy and no matter how much I will worry about hospital bills and whether she is okay or not, I will enjoy my family this holiday because I am so blessed to have them all in my life. I am truly, deeply blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment