Monday, March 19, 2012

Stop Being Judgemental

Down Syndrome Day is March 21, 2012.  I can't imagine my life without my little girl in it and I feel that my life with her is better than it was without her.    I think I had a hard time when I first brought her home because it was the constant questioning from people, "Didn't you know before you had her?"  No I didn't and if I had it didn't matter in the least I was keeping my baby no matter what, I was giving her the chacne at life that she deserved.  I think what I want people to know is that no matter what diagnosis your baby has, he or she is still a child, he or she is still a life and they deserve everything that life has to offer.
I know that people will never ever understand until they have walked a mile in my shoes, you will never know the love I have for my children, you will never know what it is like to have a special need child unless you are living it.  So my advice for this Down Syndrom Day, would be please do not judge me, my baby or my family.  If you don't understand please get informed, there is plenty of information available and I would be happy to put you in the right direction.  So I guess what I mean is, do not question or judge until you have all the facts and until you have experienced a day in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment