Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Happy World Down Syndrome Day

Although she doesn't know it yet today is a very special day for my baby girl and for so many babies, children and adults like her.  It is a day to celebrate the 3rd copy of the 21st chromosome, 3-21 is World Down Syndrome Day. It is almost 8 months later since I brought that precious little blessing into the World, she is such a blessing and a joy that the whole world wants to celebrate her and others just like her.
8 months ago I never would imagine that today I would ever be celebrating a day such as this and I am embarressed to say that I never knew it existed.  So I feel like it is my life's chore to make people aware, to make them see just how special and wonderful my daughter is and how special all people are with Down Syndrome.  As my baby girl gets bigger we, will do something special on this day each year but for now I will just love her, and give her extra hugs and kisses for truly making my world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment