Friday, March 16, 2012

10 Years Together

It all started in an internet chat room on AOL 14 years ago.  Then we started chatting on the phone every night for hours.  Then we decided that we should meet face to face. I was attending college in NYC so I planned for us to meet at the Disney Store on 5th Avenue, it was as public as you could get, you can never be too careful in these situations.  I stood there waiting for him and slipped inside the store wanting to chicken out, I thought to myself, "this guy is never going to like me, I should just leave now."  But I changed my mind and thank goodness I did. We met when I was 21 and have been together ever since. We were engaged in December of 2000.We were married in March 2002 and went to Disney World on our Honeymoon.  We made it to our 10 year anniversary, we have had our many ups and downs, we have overcome some of the hardest obstacles in our 10  years together but we have managed to pull through together. I am so glad that he found me that day on the internet and that we decided to meet.   We have created wonderful memories together and have had a beautiful family.  I don't know where the road of life is going to take us in the years ahead but I do know that no matter what life throws at us we are going to get through it all, together.  I know that no matter what, I have a partner and a best friend who will always be by my side as we continue this crazy life together. He is the best father I could have ever chosen for my children and a wonderful husband.  I appreciate everything that he does for me and our kids.  Happy 10th Anniversary to my best friend for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment