Thursday, March 28, 2013

Out and About, Almost, Not Just Yet

Dreaming of warmth, dreaming of sunshine, I seriously think that I suffer from Winter depression.  It has been especially hard this winter, we have been stuck in the house probably since October.  I wanted to keep little Miss as healthy as possible, with a few outing here and there but mostly we have been in the house.  I know people think I am crazy, but whatever. 
The therapists keep pushing, play group, mommy and me classes with "regular" kids and honestly I am not comfortable with that, I don't want to have to explain her to people, I just want to go and have fun with her and let her have fun.  I guess I am still getting used to the stares and the comments and the questions.  I honestly don't care what they think of her, I am proud of her just the way she is, I just don't understand why some people can be so kind and others can be so cruel.  I am just so afraid that kids will make fun of her, I was teased terribly as a kid and I don't want that for her.  I know that the best thing I can do for her is to prepare her to live in this world good and bad, but it's hard for this mama to get started.
It seem like everything we have tried to do has not worked out, so it has been a bit discouraging.  Anyway that's enough complaining, so happy that spring is coming and we can get out and about a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment