Thursday, April 19, 2012

Little Man

I can see him growing inch by inch right before my eyes.  His little voice is even changing, where did the time go, seriously where the hell did it go? He was a baby in my arms like 5 minutes ago, I can still smell him, feel his warm baby breath on my cheek. Now that little baby will be 7 in a few short months. 7 when did I become the mother of a 7 year old. 
He is more like 6 going on 30, he is my little professor as I like to call him.  So matter of fact, such a rule stickler, he is, it's so cute.  It will be 7:30 in the morning and and he has to leave for school at 7:35 and he will say, "Mom please tell me I am not going to be late for school."  He is stubborn, very stubborn, has to get the last word in always, can't imagine where he gets that from.
He is gentle, kind and caring when he wants to be, one day when we were sitting in the living room and he says, "Mom I want you to know something, when I get bigger I am going to take care of Leah, she can live in my house and I will always protect her."  I think I cried like a baby that day, he is wise beyond his years.  He knows that his sister has Down Syndrome and that she had heart surgery but you never really know to what extent they really understand, I think he gets it more than I thought he did, I don't give him enough credit sometimes.
He loves video games, not just playing them but creating levels and all of that.  I told him maybe he should go to school for that when he gets older and he in a very matter of fact way told me "Seriously mom?  I am going to be an inventor. I am going to invent a robot that will take care of Leah if I am away on business" That kid cracks me up.

He is my little man and I admire everything about him, his ability to be silly at a moment's notice, his serious nature, his ability to focus, his zest for things.  I call him Buddy, because he is my little Buddy.

2 comments:

  1. OK...I CRIED when you quoted Danny...saying Leah can live in his house and he'll take care of her. WOW!!!! I'm just warning you. They years you've experienced with him so far are the "slow ones". Once they get to be about 8 or 9 they years speed up. They get so involved with activities , school, friends...it flies. And, when someone told me HS goes by in a flash I laughed. BUT IT DID!! And now Matt will be a COLLEGE SENIOR next year...WHAT??? Granted, I'm happy to say good buy to his tuition payments (still have a few more years with Jordan), but still not quite ready for him heading out in the world!! Oh..and Danny's comment about being late made me laugh!! Matt was always concerned about being late (notice I say WAS....not so much anymore!!). He would have rather stay home (which was also a big issue in the early days) than walk in late to school. Guess it was embarrassing to be the only one...though he NEVER knew that since he was NEVER late!!
    Keep enjoying your "little ones"...and keep blogging! We all love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. new follower from TMB
    http://bottlebootcamp.blogspot.com
    http://todaysworkingmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete