Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Family is Important

We had a very busy weekend.  Got to visit with our cousins that we have not seen in a while, it was so nice to spend time together and to watch the kids play the day away, they all get along wonderfully.  My daughter got to spend time with her Godmother, and got to be outside all day. My son got to spend the day with his favorite friend and cousin.

April 14 would have been my Grandmother's 83rd birthday, she has been gone for a year now and I honestly believed that her passing might bring everyone closer together. I believe that family is so important, it is a shame that so many of my family members don't seem to want anything to do with anyone.  They have let years and years go by pretending that they do not need one another, it is something that I wish I could fix but I do not have the power to do so.  It just makes me so sad that my children have so many extended family members many of whom they have never even met.
I know that my cousin and I are going to make an effort to get together more, to get our children together more, because in the end, family is all you really have in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment