Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Holiday Memories and Traditions


Traditions, I am all about them, especially at Christmas time.I love Christmas, the music, the egg nog, the presents, the decorations, the wrapping paper, the chill in the air, all of it, I love it all.  I am a crafter, so I like making the ornaments and the paper chains and all kinds of decorations.  I love a real tree, with green, red and white deocorations. I want to make traditions with my children, things that we will do every year, that they will get excited for as the season arrives each year.
The traditions I remember most as a child are decorating the tree with my dad and going black friday shopping in Manhattan. One year I remember going to Macy's on 34th street to see Santa and then going to see the Rockefellar Christmas tree, and all the windows on 5th avenue. We would eat lunch at this diner type place and shop all day. I loved those moments, spending time with my family.
After we got married and had children my husband and I started the tradition of going out to dinner on Christmas Eve, it is so much fun and Danny loves it, now we can't wait until we can have that tradition with both of our children.

On Christmas morning I like to make Breakfast, which usually consists of monkey bread.  It is so yummy and I try to make it every year.

Everyyear we treck up to what I like to refer to as God's Country to help my inlaws cut down their Christmas tree.  We take the long drive up the taconic usually the Saturday after Thanksgiving in search of the perfect, huggable tree. (my husband is in charge of the hug test and the cutting)  As you drive up to the the Christmas tree farm you can see trees and trees in rows and rows cascading down the hills as far as the eye can see.  It is quite a breathtaking sight.

Every year we make such wonderful memories, we take a picture of our family, we drink hot chocolate, we buy an ornament for the tree.  It is a day that we look so forward to each year and it is something we hope to continue to do with our children for years to come.


So I am all about making memories this year, memories I will cherish and my children will cherish for years to come.


It is the simple things we remember most in life, the walks in the park, the cutting of the christmas tree, the shopping, the lunch dates with family and friends.  I want to start living my life in search of these moments, I want to make these memorable moment in my life a reality.

So I will look foward to this Holiday Season with much joy in my heart, so thankful that my baby girl has been given a second chance at life and will be there to experience all of these wonderful moments and together we will make the most wonderful memories.


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Christmas traditions too! I am all for a real tree! It s pretty big deal around here :) Such a cute family you have

    Enter to win a pair of crochet fingerless gloves here!

    ReplyDelete