Saturday, December 15, 2012

Such A Horrible Day

My son walked in the door after school today, threw his schoolbag on the floor, everyday I ask him to please pick up his bag and stop leaving it on the floor.  Today was different, today I hugged him and kissed him and told him how much I love and appreciate him.  There are so many families who will never get to do that again, never get to hug or kiss their children, never help them with their homework, never experience them learning to read, never hear their laughter, never touch their sweet little faces again.  My heart aches for those parents, those people who lost someone yesterday in the Newtown Ct, School Masacre.  My heart aches for those poor little ones who were so excited to be at school, so excited for the holidays to come, so happy in their safe place, to have that all torn away from them.  For the children who survived they too are forever changed, their innocence lost.  I am so sad, so upset as a mother, as a former teacher as a human being.  My heart aches for those poor parents, I pray that they will get through this most horrific time, I pray that they will find peace, I pray that they will live their lives in honor of their children.
I guess we all will learn something from this, I have learned not to sweat the small stuff anymore, love your kids, love them, hug them, let them know what you love about them, spend time with them, enjoy them, because you just never know, you just never know.  God Bless you Newtown, CT!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. that is absolutely true. I've done the same thing all day.Don't sweat the small stuff.

    ReplyDelete