Saturday, May 10, 2014

PROJECT 365 DAYS 128-130- Boot Camp

So I showed up at this exercise place for women this morning.  I was taught how to eat, what to eat, how much to eat, how many calories.  All the women were very kind and supportive of each other, it was so nice to see and to feel comfortable and like I could be friends with people I just met.  Feeling great, feeling good, fast forward to the workout. I think the trainer was trying to kill me.  No really.  She made me run. RUN!!!!!! I don't run, I can't run, this is the dialog that plays in my head when I think of running.  It was the dialog in my head this morning with a few choice curse words I won't share here.  I ran and lifted weights, and ran some more, and squats and lunges and then it happened, I puked.  REALLY????? I am paying for this?????  I felt like I was on The Biggest Loser.
I can say that I did the best I could after being thrown in the fire, I ran a little, I couldn't run like the other ladies there.  I couldn't do as many jumping jacks as them, but I tried and they cheered me on.  It was the first time in my life I felt like I had a breakthrough in my health, the first time I felt good about myself, like wow I just did that??????  I FREAKING RAN!!!!!! ME! I RAN! It wasn't like a 5k or anything in fact it was probably less than 1/2 a mile but I did it.

Then the realization of how incredibly out of shape I am, set in. But I guess I have to start somewhere right?  I chose to throw myself into the fire, but hey I am an all or nothing type of gal.  This class is every Saturday for a month.  Maybe I will get better and will sign up again who knows.  I am on a mission to go out of my comfort zone and this certainly did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment