Friday, January 24, 2014

Project 365- Day 24 Me, Me, Me

I say it ALL. THE. TIME.  I need to make time for myself, I am going to make time for myself.  I will feel better.  I will look better. Blah! Blah! Blah! Sometimes I think I just like to hear myself talk.  Because what I say and what I do are 2 completely different things.
Believe me I understand why I need to do it.  I understand how important it is.  I understand that I need to put myself first every now and then.  But if someone could please oh please explain to me how I get rid of the guilt I feel when doing something for me.
I grew up with a mother who NEVER did anything for herself EVER.  She worked and worked and worked some more.  I never saw much of her during the week and on the weekends she spent her days with me until she got another job then she worked 7 days a week.  So I guess I always felt and was taught that only selfish people do things for themselves.
I am working on my issues but sometimes I feel like I will never change. I am trying each and everyday to be healthier and eat healthier.  Here is a pot of soup I made, baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment