Monday, October 21, 2013

That Friday, I Will Always Remember

It was a Friday  October 21, 2011 a chilly  afternoon around 4:30 or so and I was in Westchester, NY with my daughter at her weekly cardiologist appointment.  He looked concerned, he looked worried, she needs the surgery within the next few days he said.  I think I almost passed out, I remember there was a med student in the room, he got me a chair and gave me a hug and a glass of water and told me everything was going to be okay, I will never forget him and what he did for me that day.
The cardiologist came racing back in the room, he was on his cell phone with the surgeon, the surgery would be on Wednesday October 26, 2011.  I had 5 days, 5 days to spend with her, 5 days to love her before I had to turn her over to the surgeon.    That was the hardest 5 days of my life, knowing what was ahead, knowing what we were going to have to go through.  I will remember this day for the rest of my life.  Just look at her now.



No comments:

Post a Comment