Thursday, October 10, 2013

Our Lives as We Know It

Down Syndrome is my life now, if you had asked me when I was 25 and just getting married if I thought this would be my life today, I would happily disagree.  Now it's just the way it is, we live with therapies, with delays. We also live with happiness, the kind that no one tells you about.   The way she makes us smile from ear to ear, or the love we feel in our heart for both our children becomes magnified. We know how lucky we are to have this little piece of wonder in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. We never know what life will give us, what path we will walk. Sometimes the gifts we receive are not at all what we expected. I sure didn't expect mine and there were many times that I resented that gift because of the work involved. I'm embarrassed to admit that, but years have passed and my girl is doing awesome. She is 33, married to her special guy. You are so far ahead of me being grateful at this point. Congrats on learning that early. Found you on Top Mommy Blogs. http://outoneear.com

    ReplyDelete