Thursday, October 18, 2012

Worries, Halloween, Holidays Oh My

The future looks bright, the future looks exciting, the future scares the crap out of me.  I started to worry again yesterday, which I guess one does when they are a mom.  I am already worrying about my daughter, already worrying about how people will treat her, already worried people will not accept her, worried they will make fun of her, worried they will mistreat her because she is "different" according to their standards.  We are looking to move to a place that has a fabulous special ed program before she is of school age, we thought we were in a great place, but according to her therapists the school district is going to start making things extremely difficult and they are leaning back toward self contained classrooms.  I do not want her in self contained, I want her to be in regular ed, I am a teacher prior to being a mommy and I can see the perfect setting for her in my head and somehow I know in my heart that it is probably not a reality.  So we are looking at different states now deciding what we will eventually do, if you know of any information about your state please let me know.
On a lighter note, Halloween is coming and I couldn't be more excited, my daughter is going to be Minnie Mouse and my son is going to be Boba Fett (some Star Wars guy)  I didn't get to do a lot of things I wanted to do this fall, so I decided I am instead going to get a headstart on Christmas, crafts, gifts, stockings, it is going to be fabulous.  What things have you been up to this fall? What are you looking forward to this holiday season.  Leave me a comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment